Tuesday 19 January 2010

Backing up my files!


1Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.(1 Cor15)


My computer is in some serious need of some loving the cd drive has given up the ghost and you start to worry if it crashes will it ever reload windows. With 10 years of photos stored on there taking up 15GB its time to make sure I can hold on to the photos that i have recieved. The best way to make sure I do is to hold onto them firmly by backing them up on a seperate drive.

It is taking me quite some time to copy them all over. Sometimes we need to spend quite some time backing up the gospel that has been preached to us, and making sure we hold onto the word. How much time have we spent backing up this weeks sermon so we can make sure we have a firm hold on it. I can tell you it is probably less time than I am spending backing up photos.

Much as I would hate to lose my photos, I would be devasted to lose God's word

1 comment:

  1. Love the analogy - very powerful and thought provoking! You know it would only take about 45mins per week to listen to the sermon from Sunday a 2nd time.

    ReplyDelete