Sunday 17 January 2010

Chilli's are hot and burn your face

Just cooked a chilli, I have my own chilli plant and its bright red offspring are a tad on the spicy side, in fact if Genghis Khan were a chilli these babies would own him with their tendrils tied behind their back. Cooking lesson - WASH HANDS AFTER HANDLING A CHILLI. If you dont you may be in for a painful lesson.


As my chilli was cooking my eyes were streaming my cat's eyes were streaming, if the walls had eyes they would have been weeping. Anyway I did not heed my own important advice as detailed above and rubbed the side of my nose just under my eye before washing my hands after handling chilli's. I know have a red burn that is trying currently to eat it's way through my flesh, my eye is watery and my eye feels like it is swelling shut.

Chilli is a bit like sin, they cause you harm, if you have sinned you need to wash the influence of sin away. 1 John 1 tells us

8If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

So we need to confess our sin to God, and we will be forgiven, how do we remind ourselves not to sin and to keep ourselves holy we must look to the bible (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth) Ephesians 5 tells us:

25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, 26so that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, 27that He might present to Himself the church in all her glory, having no spot or wrinkle or any such thing; but that she would be holy and blameless.

Sin like Chilli's burn -

1Timothy 4:1-2 1But the Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, 2by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron,

If we do not deal with sin in our life it sears our conscience. When the enemy attacks our life it is likened to fiery arrows (Ephesians 6)

16 In addition to all of these, hold up the shield of faith to stop the fiery arrows of the devil.


Remember my lesson learned today from handling chilli's, when you sin get yourself clean before you suffer its effects. Turn to God for forgiveness and have a bath in his healing word.

1 comment:

  1. Snap! 1 Peter 1:9 says that same 1 John 1:9! Wherever it is in the Bible it's still very true! Loving the blog man!

    ReplyDelete